What is a Soundbath?
A Soundbath is a group event in which gongs, singing bowls, and/or other instruments are played in an intuitive manner. The experience is designed to guide listeners on a journey of self discovery and inner exploration, promoting deep relaxation and peace, expansion of consciousness, and help to open the body’s entire energetic system. At The Soundbath Center™ we use a combination of 12 gongs and 10-12 crystal singing bowls, when Jamie travels to affiliate locations typically a 3 gong “Gong Alchemy” combination is used.
What do I do during a Soundbath?
During a Soundbath, participants typically lay on their backs, in a relaxed position, and simply listen and stay present with what they are experiencing with the sounds. Each experience can be different – sometimes there are more physical sensations, sometimes it’s more emotional, and other times people will see colors, pictures, or geometric shapes and patterns. At The Soundbath Center™, we encourage you to stay relaxed and if any intensity arises (ie an emotion, physical sensation, or reaction to a specific sound), just breathe deeply and relax even more.
Things to Know & Soundbath Etiquette
- Arrive on time, if you are more than 5 min. late you may not be allowed in. Once the event starts it is disruptive to everyone there if someone arrives late.
- Dress in comfortable, layered clothing. You may get hot, or cold.
- Bring a mat, blanket, and anything else you need to be comfortable laying on the floor.
- Refrain from wearing, or emitting, strong scents.
- If you are sick please stay home.
- If you start coughing, leave the room until you are finished, or leave the soundbath if you have a persistant cough.
- Turn your cell phones off and do not use them during the event.
- Please do not talk during the soundbath.
- Please do not touch any of the Soundbath Instruments.
We thank you in advance!