Jamie Bechtold, Owner
Founder and owner of The Soundbath Center
Creator and Master Teacher of Soundbath Practitioner Trainings at The Soundbath Center
Has performed thousands of Sound Baths for groups of all sizes since 2004.
Jamie Bechtold (known formerly as Jamie Ford) is one of the pioneers in the sound bath world and has been working in the field of sound therapy since 2004. She is the owner and founder of The Soundbath Center in Los Angeles, CA (originally opened in 2015 as The Sound Space), and developer of the Soundbath Practitioner Trainings held at the center. She holds a BS in Biology from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and has over 20 years experience working with the sound, the physical body, and energetic techniques. She has developed her unique technique of playing sound baths with gongs and crystal singing bowls, and is the first (that we know of) to put the two together, playing simultaneously, in sound bath format. Her technique and trainings are based on over 16 years of playing thousands of sound baths along with self study, research, and trainings and workshops with various teachers.
Jamie is known for her fluid and therapeutic style in playing multiple gongs and crystal singing bowls at the same time, in a continuous manner. She has performed sound baths all over Los Angeles for the past 15 years and has played a large part in the rise in popularity of sound baths. Jamie blended yoga with her sound bath techniques, teaching her unique blend of movement and sound therapy, called “Yoga and Sound,” in multiple yoga studios around Los Angeles from 2010-2017. Along with a degree in Biology, Jamie’s training background includes sound therapy, reiki, yoga (500 hours), massage, acupuncture, and meditation.
In 2011, Jamie began offering sound therapy trainings, and in 2015 combined forces with Robert Lee and in 2017 they launched the Soundbath Practitioner Trainings currently held at the center.
- BS Biology
- Sound Healing and Sound Therapy Trainings & Workshops (with various teachers)
- Bodywork/Massage (over 500 hours training)
- Yoga (500 hour training at Yoga Blend)
- Physics of Sound with Thomas Orr Anderson
- Reiki Master (Usui, Karuna Reiki®, and Seichim Reiki)
- Meditation Training (9 months)
- Acupuncture (2 years of 4 year program)
- Bioenergetics Healing (1 year private training)
- Former Paiste Endorsed Artist (gave up endorsement to play other gongs)
- Featured Gong Player in Meinl Sonic Energy promotional videos
- Writer/Contributor to the 2019 Meinl Sonic Energy Catalogue
- First to open a center in Los Angeles (and maybe US) dedicated only to Sound Baths and Soundbath Practitioner Trainings
- First to start trainings dedicated only to playing sound baths in Los Angeles (and possibly US)
- One of the main contributors to the sound bath movement in the US
- One of first to combine sound baths with Hatha yoga, breathwork, and Reiki
- First to combine crystal singing bowls and gongs together in a sound bath format
- Has been featured in major media national and international – Paris Vogue, NY Times, Elle, LA Times, Pasadena Weekly, LA Weekly, Live Happy, CBS NY, KTLA.
Private/Semi-Private Sessions –
- Private Soundbaths at The Soundbath Center and private locations
Group Soundbath Events –
- GongPlay® Soundbath at The Soundbath Center
- Gong Alchemy Soundbath™ at affiliate locations
- Breathwork SoundLab™ at The Soundbath Center and affiliate locations
- Full and New Moon Soundbaths at The Soundbath Center
- Crystalline Soundbath at The Soundbath Center
Workshops and Trainings –
- Soundbath Practitioner Training (all levels)
- Practice & Play™